Thanks Mrs. TIP! I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! Share seven random facts about myself? Ok! Here goes.
- I love smoked oysters. LOVE. But Mr. DebtFreeJD thinks (rightfully?) they smell terrible, so I try not to indulge in the habit when he’s around.
- Like Mrs. TIP, I tried to teach myself to be ambidextrous when I was a kid. Mostly in math class. It turns out I’m just right-handed. I also still can’t do long division.
- On the subject of elementary school, I had a long-running friendship with an imaginary horse. She mainly appeared during gym class when I was forced to run laps (and would pretend I was galloping on said horse!) and walking to and from school (same).
- Mr. DebtFreeJD and I are almost exactly the same height. For a while, he wished I was a little shorter. And I wished he was a little taller. But now, I think we’re happy at the same altitude.
- I lived abroad for two years after college, during which time I survived mainly on bread, potatoes and vending-machine hot chocolate.
- I wasn’t really allowed to eat junk food or watch TV growing up. Therefore, during my college freshman year I had a cheeseburger, Cherry Coke, and fries for dinner every night. While watching Star Trek.*
- I’m not really a lawyer. Pscyh! I really am a lawyer. But it was a long, and not-straightforward road to get here.
*If you are concerned by the lack of . . . um . . . nutrients during my college and immediate post-college years, rest assured: these days I eat a more varied and healthy diet.